Daniel T. Fang, MD, FACS, FASMBS
Physician Group of Arizona Surgical Specialists555 North 18th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85006
Board certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners and the American Board of Surgery, Daniel T. Fang, M.D., FACS, has extensive experience in a wide range of bariatric and general surgical procedures. Dr. Fang is affiliated with the Bridges Center of Surgical Weight Management, a designated Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) center. He is also a member of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Applying the latest advancements in bariatric surgery, Dr. Fang has extensive laparoscopic surgery experience — specializing in the following procedures:
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Adjustable gastric banding
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG)
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch
- Endoscopic gastric balloon insertion
- Revision weight loss surgery
He also performs a broad spectrum of general laparoscopic surgeries.
Dr. Fang serves as a clinical instructor for the Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency, a clinical assistant professor at A. T. Still University’s Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, and an assistant professor at the Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University.
After completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Dr. Fang received his medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine and completed his residency at Case Western Reserve University Hospitals in Ohio.
Certifications and Memberships:
- American Board of Surgery Certification
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Maricopa Medical Society
- National Board of Medical Examiners Certification
Dr. Fang is currently accepting patients at PGA Surgical Specialists.